ALWAYS be prepared to show your property. If you delay a prospect, it may cost you the sale.
Your real estate salesperson will always arrange appointments with you in advance.
If you are going away for a few days, or on vacation, please call us and leave a phone number where you can be contacted in the event an offer comes in on your property.
In hot weather, turn on your air conditioner (if available).
Secure jewelry, cash, and other valuables. You may want to place them in a safety deposit box.
If you have pets, it is recommended that they be kept out of the way or out of the house during showings. Do whatever is necessary to eliminate pet odors.
THEN, LET THE SALESPERSON SELL …
The day of showing your home
- Accent the positives
- Entrance door should be clean and inviting
- Clear off the kitchen counter tops for a spacious and neat look
- Plump the cushions
- Stack the magazines and newspapers
- Remove all debris inside and outside
- Vacuum for a fresh look
- Make the beds
- Turn a light on in each room (including the basement)
- Open the drapes and the shades
- Polish the furniture
- Open a window when possible
- Add a bouquet of fresh flowers to a room or two